ST BARTHOLOMEW'S CHURCH
Vicar: Revd. LynnPurvis-Lee - Tel: 01969 663235
The Vicarage, Carperby, Leyburn, North Yorkshire DL8 4DQ
Churchwarden: Adrian Thornton-Berry - Tel: 01969 663443
The original church dates from Saxon times. Following major restoration in 1875 only the Saxon north wall and sixteenth century bell tower remain of the earlier building. The restoration uncovered a Saxon carved stone cross in the church wall, which is now on display above the pulpit.
The vestry contains an interesting window depicting the arms of the Abbot of Jervaulx. The churchyard was consecrated in 1752.